On 02/23/18 16:17, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On 23 February 2018 at 15:05, Laszlo Ersek <ler...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> (3) In general, the comment style requires comments like this:
>>   //
>>   // Add empty comment lines both before and after.
>>   //
> Quite the opposite, in fact. Search for 'horror vacui' in the coding
> style document.

Right, I remember that. But, I don't recall a single comment block
(using "//"), recent or old, that does not violate that rule. Arguably,
the rule is wrong (it certainly doesn't match on-going practice).

Technically I was wrong however; thanks for the correction.

> That does not mean I agree with that document, and I am perfectly fine
> with both styles.

So, please ignore my comments on the comments.