On 3/15/2018 10:57 AM, Guo Heyi wrote:
Hi Ray,

Sorry I never tried Ecc tool before, for there is few documents about it. When I
tried running python BaseTools/Source/Python/Ecc/Ecc.py -t -s xxxx,
it showed me with error message:

ImportError: No module named Common.LongFilePathOs

Then I found there was an executable named "Ecc" in
BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/, and change the place of "-t" and "-s" after it
prompted:

  : error 1003: Invalid value of option
         Target [-s] does NOT exist

However, it still failed with error:

RuntimeError: ANTLR version mismatch: The recognizer has been generated with API
V0, but this runtime does not support this.

I could not find the reason for this error, maybe it was caused by incompatible
version of python and antlr3 (mine is Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, python 2.7.12,
python-antlr3 3.5.2-1).

Finally I downloaded prebuilt Win32 BaseTools and ran Ecc.exe on Windows. It
success and produced a "Report.csv" with only a titel line. I guess this means
there is no error in the coding style, isn't it?

Please let me know if there is anything wrong with what I did.
Sorry I provided the wrong command line. It should be
"...Ecc.py -t <path> -s".

If you haven't add the function header comments as I pointed out.
You should get at least one ECC error.
Otherwise, the code change should be fine.

Thanks for the try.

Thanks and regards,

Heyi