Hi Liming,

Thanks for reviewing the patches.

On 2018.03.15 06:15, Gao, Liming wrote:
Pete:
   For new added ASM file in BaseLib, could you use the same comment style
for them? ASM use ; for the comment. Most of new files uses ; as the comment, but switchstack is not.

This is because SwitchStack.asm is simply SwitchStack.S, with the GCC assembler specifics removed, and MSVC assembler specifics added.

I did not change the comment style from the original files, so the real issue here is that our GCC assembly files for AARCH64 do not use the same comment style.

I'm fine with trying to harmonize the comment styles, but seeing as this needs to be done for both the .S and .asm, I'd rather send a patch to do that *after* these VS2017 changes have been applied, as I don't consider this correction to in scope of this patch series (because logically, the introduction of VS2017 should not alter any of the .S files, unless we reuse them, which we don't).

If you agree to apply this series, I'll make sure to send a non VS2017-specific additional patch, that does what you request for both the .S and .asm.

Besides, compared to Arm arch assembly
file, I don't find CpuPause.asm. Is it required?

That file doesn't exist for GCC (as you will see there is no MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/AArch64/CpuPause.S), so we don't have one for VS2017 either.

Regards,

/Pete