Hi Johannes,

On 04/16/18 13:09, Johannes Swoboda wrote:

> How are you ovmf developer debugging it?

In general I add DEBUG statements, grep the tree for protocol / PPI
GUIDs, and use an editor with good ctags support.

Here's another thread that you might find useful:

http://edk2-devel.narkive.com/6BRVus92/qestion-about-how-to-debug-ovmf-on-qemu

Occasionally I do use gdb with QEMU, but the solution I use is not
suitable for debugging modules in the SEC and PEI phases, only in DXE. I
have some terribly rough patches in my local tree that are based on
<https://github.com/andreiw/andreiw-wip/tree/master/uefi/DebugPkg>.

I don't recall having any luck with SOURCE_DEBUG_ENABLE and the UDK
debugger
<https://firmware.intel.com/develop/intel-uefi-tools-and-utilities/intel-uefi-development-kit-debugger-tool>,
but admittedly it's been a while (= years?) since I last tried to
connect debugger VM with debugge VM over a virtual serial port. Others
have more recently confirmed it works for them. I think Mike uses it
successfully, from a Windows debugger machine maybe?