On 3/11/19 10:33 AM, stephano wrote:

Stephano has taken an action item to work with the Kubernetes community to see what trade-offs and benefits they experience using GitHub. Kubernetes is one of the largest open source projects currently using GitHub for patch reviews. It is notable that a git module "request-pull" exists, and the kernel gives directions on how to use these "git style" of pull requests:

I took a look at the Kubernetes project a few days ago, and there are a couple of things we might _not_ want to copy, since they look to me to obfuscate things.

For example, the git log:

commit 50bf223a0545a121dc202de8fad673402b8ebde6 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Merge: 4ea48886df c5c4cd2580
Author: Kubernetes Prow Robot <k8s-ci-ro...@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Mon Mar 11 12:00:15 2019 -0700

    Merge pull request #75224 from neolit123/certs-print-key-on-phase

    kubeadm: print key inside the upload-certs phase of init

commit 4ea48886df2e0830daa2384f6fe57dd55b8dbb51
Merge: 8477c486a8 58c7b5de9c
Author: Kubernetes Prow Robot <k8s-ci-ro...@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Mon Mar 11 09:39:40 2019 -0700

    Merge pull request #75008 from nikopen/patch-4

    rebase audit-proxy image to distroless/static

commit 8477c486a81c1094440cf7c78d6be5c52b0828c4
Merge: 6ec5a7d337 fa926ed6e0
Author: Kubernetes Prow Robot <k8s-ci-ro...@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Mon Mar 11 09:39:27 2019 -0700

    Merge pull request #74652 from cofyc/fix72500

    Delay CSI client initialization

You can't see without following the pull request *who* committed the change.  There are almost 1000 open pull requests, which is something we probably want to try and avoid. They also seem to have _lots_ of labels. I wonder if there's a cleaner way of handling them?

Also, about groups.io, I wonder if I might want to investigate their support for using our own domain, so people don't have to remember that the mailing list and documents are on groups.io and not tianocore.org?

--

Rebecca Cran