Hi John,
First for the MinnowBoard. Yes, the firmware is EDK II based and is basically
based on the UDK2010.SR1.UP1.P1 release.  I will make a cross link on the
tianocore.org web pages but the link to get the board is :
http://Minnowboard.org and the link to  download the source is :
http://uefidk.intel.com/content/minnowboard-uefi-firmware

Second, Duet is from the DuetPkg and is included with the UDK2010.SR1.UP1.P1
release.  This is basically the UEFI Shell environment booted from a Legacy
BIOS.  This is used on an older non-UEFI PC. More info:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=DuetPkg

Third: Ovmf from the OvmfPkg is a virtual machine based and uses QEMU with the
Firmware device image built from the OvmfPkg .dsc files.  This is frenquently
used with a linux OS for UEFI Development.
More information: OVMF
FAQ<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=OVMF_FAQ>,
How to build
OVMF<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=How_to_build_OVMF>,