From: Neeraj Ladkani [mailto:neeraj.ladk...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2015 3:11 PM
To: edk2-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [edk2] Authenticate an UEFI Image ?

Hello,

​We have two
​UEFI i
mages in our partition, the goal is to find a particular image from two ( names
could change, size could change , location could change ) and start it.

all we know is one image is signed using a certificate issued by XYZ company
and second image is signed using a certificate issued by ABC company.

​how can we authenticate the image to determine who signed this image? ( we are
in BDS phase)

Is there any "clean way" to authenticate an UEFI image to see if its signed by
a certificate issued by XYZ company? We have done the implementation but its
not straight fwd and required many core file changes. looking for a cleaner
solution from platform package ( existing protocol or service that we could
use?)

Thanks in advance

Thanks
Neeraj