--------------5A878725779696BDEEB17BCF

You missed the point, Herman. I don't assert that these are independent
random variables. I claim that introducing students to the concept of
independent sample spaces from which we construct a cartesian product
sample space will make it easier for them to understand independent
events and random variables when we define them late.

--------------5A878725779696BDEEB17BCF

begin:vcard
n:Beldin;Richard
tel;home:787-255-2142
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:netdial.caribe.net/~rabeldin/Home.html
org:BELDIN Consulting Services
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Professional Statistician (retired)
adr;quoted-printable:;;PO Box 716=0D=0A;Boquerón;PR;00622;
fn:Richard A. Beldin
end:vcard

--------------5A878725779696BDEEB17BCF--