and will you not, by this approach, wind up making a _lot_ of pairwise comparisions,
with all the implications that have recently been disucssed even here at edstat?
Messing with weakly formed data rarely strethens it.  I love some transformations, but
take them for what they are.

Jay

Thomas Souers wrote:

>  Hello,
>    I have another question regarding one-way ANOVA. I have noticed that in some
>books, nothing is said about what you can do when the factor level variances are
>unequal. In Neter's big book, transformations are recommended. If the data are
>approximately normal, why not just use a Satterthwaite approximate t-statistic for
>pairwise comparisons? For example, you could use a Bonferroni type procedure. What
>are people's opinions about this approach?
>
>                         Thanks
>
> Check out Cupid School where you will learn from Matchmaker's
> best and brightest. Good Luck!
>
> http://ecard.matchmaker.com/cupid0202/cupid0202.html

Jay Warner
Principal Scientist
Warner Consulting, Inc.
4444 North Green Bay Road
Racine, WI 53404-1216
USA

Ph: (262) 634-9100
FAX: (262) 681-1133
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://www.a2q.com

The A2Q Method (tm) -- What do you want to improve today?