-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ronny Richardson
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 7:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Chi-square chart in Excel

Can anyone tell me how to produce a chart of the chi-square distribution in
Excel? (I know how to find chi-square values but not how to turn those into
a chart of the chi-square curve.)

Ronny Richardson
Excel does not have a function that gives the Chi-Square density

The following might be helpful regarding future graphs. It is a fraction of
a larger "package" I am preparing. It is awkward to present it in .txt
format.

DISTRIBUTION            DENSITY CUMMULATIVE     I       NVERSE
Beta                                            BETADIST                BETAINV
Binomial                        BINOMST CRITBINOM
Chi-Square                                      CHIDIST         CHINV
Exponential                     EXPONDIST       EXPONDIST
F                                               FDIST                   FINV
Gamma                           GAMMADIST       GAMMADIST               GAMMAINV
Hyper geometric         HYPGEOMDIST
Log Normal                                      LOGNORMDIST             LOGINV
Negative Binomial               NEGBINOMDIST
Normal(with parameters) NORMDIST        NORMDIST                NORMINV
Normal (z values)                               NORMSDIST               NORMSINV
Poisson                 POISSON
t                                               TDIST                   TINV
Weibull                                 WEIBULL

You have to build a column (say B) of X values.

Build an expression for column C calculating the Chi-Square density, given
the x value in col B and the df value in A1.

It would be "=exp(($A$1/2)*LN(2) + GAMMALN($A$1/2) + (($A$1/2)-1)*LN(B1) -
B1/2)" without the quotes.
You can equation-drag this cell down column C for each X value.

Now build a smoothed scatter plot graph as series 1 with the X value column
B and the Y value as column C.

DAHeiser