Thank you very much for the pull requests Wes!  I got notification by
email.

They may be against a version that no longer exists, but no matter.  We're
gonna poke around live on camera, starting in about 30 minutes. We go for
2.25 hours with one or two breaks.

I'm taking my campers right into my mailbox and showing through Github how
it all might work, even if I don't actually make it work.

I've got the Daniel Shiffman "Git for Poets" playlist queued up through
[the main Notebook](
https://github.com/4dsolutions/python_camp/blob/master/PyCampNextLevel.ipynb
).

Providing opportunities to soak up knowledge about Git and Github has been
a primary focus of this camp.

My two cohorts so far have differed quite a bit in character.

The first group featured teens eager to dive into deep topics, per the camp
blurb, and got antsy when I didn't talk machine learning right away. This
might be too much a camp for noobs.  I didn't have the Jupyter Notebook
four day outline yet.  They're nervousness is partly what drove me to get
it out there, reassure them our content would match the camp description.

The second group is younger, considers itself adept and into programming,
yet is patiently learning a lot of core Python.  One camper had worked with
his dad on solving that "1/3 --> float" problem.  I incorporated their code
verbatim as a part of our shared process.

I've never shared about the construct manager construct with like middle
schoolers before, however that's a big part of the plan for today. I
[showcase that construct](
https://github.com/4dsolutions/python_camp/blob/master/ContextManager.ipynb)
for
connecting to / working with / disconnecting from databases (in our case
sqlite3 databases).  I tell them they're previewing the high school of
tomorrow.

The School of Tomorrow is a neighboring repo, and crosslinks (hyperlinks)
between that, and this camp, have already appeared.

My recommendation to campers starting from day one is they:

(a) install git locally
(b) git clone the camp repo
(c) create a Github account
(d) fork the camp repo
(e) git clone the forked camp repo

Then they should treat the (b) structure as something to keep updating with
git pull.  Treat my version of the repo as read-only.

However, they can modify and elaborate on their own version of the forked
repo (e), and push changes at will. Harvest ideas from my updates for their
own works in progress. Share links to their own repos through Zoom chat.

My schedule is such that I'm expected on more week of piloting this
curriculum, then shelving it to work on something more data science
oriented, returning to the kid camp scene in early June.  I'll be looking
for ideas on how a strong data science course should go, assuming beginners
but with some Python experience.  Obviously we'll be using numpy,
matplotlib, sklearn and like that.

Kirby