Hi Dave --

Thank you for this excellent online course material re Python and the
geosciences.

I've added a section to my evolving "elite school" repo listing courses and
curriculum
using Jupyter Notebooks, as I want to impress upon my students that this is
how
some of the better schools / teachers are currently sharing material.

I want to impress them with the fact that we're learning some best
practices.

https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/4dsolutions/elite_school/blob/master/Home.ipynb
(scroll to bottom for a link to your GeoPython).

In contrast, many high schools do nothing with Jupyter Notebooks.  Given
our
"elite school" status, it's legit to point this out.  Parents like to know
what their
kids are learning is "ahead of the curve" vis-a-vis your run of the mill
high school.

The workflow I encourage with my students is to establish their own presence
on Github and to learn how to clone a repo so they can run the Notebooks
locally (vs in the cloud).  Since I expect them to make Notebooks, I want
them
to have complete localhost control.

Kirby