Platinum Arts Sandbox Beta 2.2 will be arriving soon to a webpage near you!
We're currently planning on releasing June 27.  For anyone who is unfamiliar
with Sandbox, here is a bit about it:
"Sandbox is a game design tool based on the Cube 2 engine that allows users
to quickly and easily create and edit their own worlds in game, even
cooperatively. It is free, open source, and easy to use for Kids and
Adults."

We're extremely excited that Sandbox is being used in many schools now
throughout the world ranging from Elementary through College levels.  As a
result one of our new features is the ability to support different
languages!  However, we are desperately in need of translators.  If you can
help or know anyone that would be willing please contact us and go here for
more information:
http://www.kids.platinumarts.net/wiki/index.php?title=Translations

Here are some other features that are in store for 2.2:
* New Maps - Save The Princess (3D Platformer), Forest
* New Quests - Apple Picking on Village, and rescuing the princess on
Savetheprincess
* New Cloud Options - Now clouds can be added that scroll above the
landscape!  Height can even be adjusted.  Also the Skybox can rotate making
the clouds appear to move.
* New Characters can be added - Now characters and animals such as bears can
be added!
* Numerous menu changes and enhancements - Menus have been tweaked to
improve ease of use and they can also be customized for color, font, etc.
* Basic Multilingual Support - WE NEED TRANSLATORS!!
* Many Graphical Enhancements - Nicer looking waterfalls, rain, scrolling
clouds, some redone textures, etc.
* Numerous bug fixes and features added "under the hood".
* Improved Jukebox and Musicpack implementation
* And MANY more! (really there is lots!!)

Be sure check http://Kids.PlatinumArts.Net often for more details!  We can't
wait to get this release out to you and we hope you enjoy it as much as we
do :)  For anyone interested in getting a sneak peak and/or helping out we
do have an open SVN that you can learn how to access here:
http://www.kids.platinumarts.net/wiki/index.php?title=Development

If you have any questions or would just like to chat with us remember our
IRC is at irc.OFTC.net #Sandbox or you can just click on
http://Kids.PlatinumArts.Net/irc/irc.html Kids joining MUST have parental
permission!!  I cannot be responsible for things other people say in there.
Take care and thanks for your interest!
-mike
http://Kids.PlatinumArts.Net
--
Check out http://PlatinumArts.Net !
It features movie reviews, stories, free video games and more!