Thanks for flagging those issues, Vojtěch.

We do need to figure out all the implications of the deprecation of this
software.

As one starting point, I've created an umbrella task to look at data
retention for the MediaWiki extension on Phabricator and subscribed folks
who replied in this thread. That could be a place to organize and create
sub tasks that look into that issue more fully:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T186325

The other issue is feeling like you don't have an adequate replacement in
the Programs and Events Dashboard. I would encourage folks to adopt the
tool since the MediaWiki extension is not a viable option for the long
term. The dashboard does have some base level support and maintenance, and
you can give specific feedback on the Meta talk page here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Programs_%26_Events_Dashboard

If you're completely new to the tool, there's even a training available
here:
https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/training/learning-and-evaluation/using-the-dashboard

It would be particularly useful to know what is lacking in your view. Put
another way, what's keeping you from adopting the tool? At the moment, my
colleagues in Community Programs and Community Tech are looking into
conducting some user research since this need was one of the top wishes in
the most recent Community Wishlist Survey. Please add any feedback to the
Meta talk page or you can direct it to me via email and I will pass along.

Best,
Tighe

--
Tighe Flanagan
Senior Manager, Wikipedia Education Program