Did you change anything else in the edx_sandbox.yml playbook? By setting
the SANDBOX_ENABLE_ECOMMERCE to True, (line 19
<https://github.com/edx/configuration/blob/master/playbooks/edx_sandbox.yml#L19>),

it should install the ecommerce files necessary. Another issue that might
cause a problem is if the installation does not fully finish and instead
ends with an error. In this situation, there's no telling what else you
might also be missing.