Hello Mercedes,

I can't say that's a bug, just not fully explained behaviour. May be
self-generating mechanism lacks some instructions/confirmations, but I suppose
either verification deadline comes before the moment when student can get
enough points to earn certificate (usual pace) or he/she may write to tech
support asking for regeneration (self-paced courses).

It's interesting to know the point of view of the system developers, can
anybody add something?

Kind regards,
Liubov.