Motivation
Open edX has a large an heterogenuous student community. It is normal to
search a course in their language, sometimes even users preffer to take the
adventure of doing courses in foreign languages - then it is useful to see
the two versions of the course: in their language and in the foreign
language.

The student option of swapping the course from one language to another
could be known as "*Multi-lingual courses*"

Problem
Open edX hasn't a built-in multi-lingual courses capability. Therefore, you
have some workaround alternatives:

   - Design a course per language (if you have 2 languages, you will design
   2 courses)
      - Confusing for the student
      - Difficult to manage
      - ...
   - Add HTML blocks with JavaScript code in order to hide one content
   based on a language selector)
      - Difficult to manage in the CMS for designers
      - Only for HTML components
      - Static language and designer needs to have HTML + JS skills
      - Courses use several components, in a MOOC the basics are: HTML,
      Videos and P2P

Approaches
Because XBlocks are pieces that can be included in Open edX when you want.
I think it could be interesting to design some multi-lingual XBlock version
based on the native XBlocks.

HTML and Video are inside the edx-platform and i think we need first to the
XBlocks from the core. Benefits: modular design, easy to extend, community,
etc.

Some notes in the Slack for the HTMLModule:
  CMS: change the "data" to a dictionary, add a select on the setting form
and deal with a dictionary (language => content) instead of straight content
  LMS: Adding the flag feature and getting the content of that dictionary
(dictionary which will be stored in the mongo structure of our xblock)

I would like to ask to the community about this interesting topic. I think
Open edX needs Multi-lingual capability.