Hello,
  I hope this is the right place for feedbacks on edX platform.

This thread is about its software.

I really appreciate that it can link discussion with actual content at the
finer scale, lesson or exercise.
On the other hand if you read a bit of forums that compare edx with
coursera or udacity you will read that first complain for edx is its forum
software. It is really (on my subjective opinion) old fashion, ugly,
difficult and not much powerful (aside the already cited advantage of
proximity discussion/content).

Is there any plan to refactor it to enable more feature while also
improving user friendyness (e.g. discourse, S.O...) ? It would really
deserve it!

(as side comment, MathJax seems not to work in the android app, maxing
really useless the app for math-rich courses)

Best regards,
   Antonello Lobianco