There is already a Student Notes feature available in Open edX, but you
have to explicitly turn it on (doesn't come enabled by default)
The notes are currently private, meaning only the student who created them
can see them, but I imagine you could enable a sharing capability to share
them with other students or instructors.
https://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/open-edx-building-and-running-a-course/en/latest/exercises_tools/notes.html

Guide for
learners:
https://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/open-edx-learner-guide/en/latest/SFD_notes.html#sfd-notes