On 2018-02-16 10:10, Zeschg, Thomas (CT RDA ITS SES-DE) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered the problem, that the system gets stuck after a watchdog
> timeout and no reboot/power cycle is performed. It seems like the
> efibootguard initializes the Intel TCO correctly, obviously the timeout value
> is the one I configured. I use a Fujitsu Server with the Intel C612 chipset.

Still need to look into that, namely the reference to
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/watchdog/iTCO_vendor_support.c
you mentioned offlist. We are likely missing those quirks...

What is the PCI ID of your board? Would Linux select a quirk?

> A second problem is the iTCO_wdt kernel module. I get an error message when
> hardware/BIOS". Maybe the two problems are related.

If you boot without watchdog support (watchdog=0), does Linux still
complain?

Jan