Set it to 32. And then see if it boots, but you might need
to reinstall the OS after setting it.

Most boards default to 64, but I think every controller I
have used from 3Ware, Adaptec, and I think even some Promise
cards, has had issues with that setting.

In servers I've built using the 9650SE 2p, 4p, and just
yesterday on a 12p card, (that I got cheap off ebay) they
have all had stability problems because of that setting.

The server I just built has four 'green' 5400 rpm Samsung
2TB drives set up as RAID 5. I had just installed centos and
was setting the server up, when programs started stalling
and there were file checks happening at boot.

At first I thought it was because of the 5.4TB size of the
volume - that's the biggest Ive ever tried. But on this
Supermicro board, I had to dig into the bios to find the
setting for each PCI slot and set it to 20h, which is hex
for 32.

I love 3Ware cards. I get amazing performance from these
drives. About 199 MB/s.