Le 10/01/2014 12:49, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le 09/01/14 06:49, Julien Puydt a écrit :
>> Le 08/01/2014 20:08, Damien Sandras a écrit :
>>> The annoying thing is that we changed the way Accounts are stored and
>>> there is currently no way to convert from the old format to the new one.
>>> I talked to Julien about that, but I do not know if he intends doing
>>> something for it or not. Julien, can you comment ?
>> Yes, we discussed it ; it's technically possible, but :
>>
>> - it means adding back gmconf (the code, the configure lines, the
>> Makefile.am lines, the old schema...) ;
>
> Yes, and no...
>
> Actually, there is a gsettings-data-convert utility that reads a
> .convert file and move the old settings into GSettings. This .convert
> file is present in the Ekiga tree and installed at the right place so
> that all settings are magically converted when the user logs in.
>
> The idea would be add the a method to Opal::Account able to read the old
> format from a converted GSettings key, and to save it into the new XML
> format in the new key.
>
> Of course, that won't work with Windows.

That makes things much simpler! I would rather see opal-main.cpp do
something like this :

- check if there is an old gsettings key around ;
- if so, call a static method of Opal::Bank to migrate (let's call it
migrate_from_gmconf) ;
- if so, delete the old key so we don't do it again next time.

I'll write the migrate method in that case; it would take a
std::list<std::string> and return void -- or do we want to do something
on error?

It will take a few days : the little spare time I have in the coming
days will be used to work on a few opal accounts bugs Damien reported
privately.

Snark