On 01/09/16 06:55, David Niklas wrote:
Today I once again tried to start up and get running ekiga.
I noticed when I did the echo test that the above message
was displayed briefly in the window.

Security check failed means that it cannot register, so you cannot do anything afterwards. A common reason is that you has Network detection option in preferences checked off. Put it on and restart ekiga.

I also get "No common codec". I do have all codecs enabled
in the options.

I think this is because the above problem.

% ekiga -d4
(ekiga:29164): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 4294967295 was not
found when attempting to remove it

This is benign message, which appears in many other applications by the way.

--
Eugen