Hi,

Ekiga is not ready for H323, unfortunately. I tried it once with an H323 equipment in France and it did not work. There are still bugs which make it unusable.

French researchers have access to a very easy to use videoconferencing system, https://rendez-vous.renater.fr. You have access when they invite you for a given videoconference. You just need a browser, no need of plugins. I regularly use it and it works pretty well.

Kind regards,
Eugen