Hello Champak,

> IOError: [Errno 36] File name too long:
> 'elasticluster/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libcloud/test/compute/fixtures/azure_arm/_subscriptions_99999999_9999_9999_9999_999999999999_resourceGroups_000000_providers_Microsoft_Compute_virtualMachines_test_node_1_InstanceView.json'

Can you please run the following commands *after activating the
virtualenv where you're installing ElastiCluster*, and post the output?

    getconf NAME_MAX .
    getconf PATH_MAX .

If I run them on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine, I get the values 255 and 4095,
which means that a filename like the one you posted (whose total length
is 236 chars, and whose longest component is 147 chars) is well within
those limits.  And indeed, I cannot reproduce the error: installation
instructions work just fine on my machine.

Is there any specific reason why you are trying to install the Python
version instead of using the Docker image? (see:
http://elasticluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html#quickstart )

Ciao,

Riccardo Murri / Email: riccardo.mu...@gmail.com / Tel.: +41 77 458 98 32