Hi Riccardo,

Not sure if this suggestion makes much sense, I am not an expert in neither
boto or terraform or elasticluster, but lately I have tested Terraform and
it seems a really useful and powerful tool to boot cloud environments.
After some quick tests I was really impressed about how easy to use and
powerful it is .

Terraform has providers for AWS/GCE/OpenStack/Azure (and many others)
https://www.terraform.io/docs/providers/

in a quick google search I have also found some python wrappers (I haven't
tested them though)
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-terraform/0.9.1
https://github.com/mjuenema/python-terrascript

Maybe for the future you want to evaluate to option of delegating to
terraform the communication with cloud apis and rely in ansible only for
configuration. Without being an expert in the topic IMHO it seems more
powerful than boto

just an idea ;)

regards,
Pablo.

p.s. I haven't forgot about our project, it's just that I am crazy
overloaded with other projects which should be "finished yesterday"