I was still on the road Saturday with my wife on a swing around Michigan ( upper and lower peninsula's) vacation. So I could not really get involved with any FD. But, Saturday afternoon found us at Oscoda, Michigan, where there was an Arts's n Craft show. Ya, that thrills me. But I have this great arrangement with my wife, who can take as long as she wants. I always bring plenty of reading material, or do that best in show thing called a nap.

So I'm parked in this nice lot, with plenty of tree shade. I look up at the trees, and there is some really scary AC wiring going on. No way to throw any wire up there. So I take some 20 feet of 22 gauge wire, and lay it out, ON THE GROUND!. With the help of a few alligator clips, I convinced the K2 internal tuner to load up on 40cw at 10 watts. From the front seat of my car, I worked some 8 stations in 15 minutes! Never more than two calls. 10 watts into 20 feet of wire on the ground! I was tuning around, and just started to laugh at the whole situation when my wife came back. She asked me what was so funny. Kinda hard to explain, but since she was the one who bought the K2 for me as a consolation prize for turning 50, she was very happy to see "that silly look on my face". She told me today I had that look all day.

        What fun hath Elecraft wrought?

        73 de Tom, K8IIE   K2-3206