One of the two CW rigs at K9OR was my K2/100 with KAT100. That rig made 1072
QSO's.
We ran 100 watts for all of the contest, with the exception of the time it took
to make the five
QRP QSO's needed to qualify for the "alternative power" bonus. To do this, we
simply
disconnected the rig from the 12 v supply running from our generator, connected
it to our solar
panel/battery, and dropped the power to 4 watts. I was able to make the 5
required alternative
power QRP QSO's in less than 5 minutes!

Jim K9YC