Hisashi,

It sounds like the K2 may be too close to the power supply. Try putting the PS 1-2 feet from the K2 and see if that takes care of the problem.

Tim Raymer

At 13:28 07/09/2004, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
Last night I tried to get on the air with my new K2. The receiver
sounded great, and I heard lots of activity on 40M CW and 20M SSB.
However, when I tried to listen to my transmitter with my IC706, it
sounded raspy and nasty. Looking at the signal with my 'scope told me
very little (nothing visually out of the ordinary) and my quick scan
through the troubleshooting guide didn't tell me much. Nothing changed
when I used a dummy load instead of my possibly mistuned antenna.

So, back on the bench it goes.

Anyone have any hints?

(I had to hook up a straight key because I still haven't learned how to
use the paddles with any repeatble success.)

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Timothy A. Raymer
Missouri Department of Health
and Senior Services

<traymer[at]mail.state.mo.us>                        <RaymeT[at]dhss.mo.gov>
<KA0OUV[at]arrl.net>