Hi,

I have steadily and carefully built my K2 and it has passed all the tests so
far with flying colours, including 40m RX. Now I have just completed the
transmitter stages, and attempted the first tx test... Ah problems. Well
things have gone well so far!! Even a bottle of Hoegaarden did not help...
This is what happens.

1.40m rx working fine.
2. Connect dummy load etc
3. Set for 2.0 output, tune to 7100
4. Press and hold tune.

A bleep in the headphones, the output limiter on the PSU flicks in cutting
the power briefly and Elecraft displays on the K2. (I have tried another PSU
(3amp) but the same result)  If the power is turned down to .2 or so it will
stay in tune mode

Upon checking the antenna connection, there appears to be a short between
earth and the centre of the BNC.. (Using a DVM) This cannot be correct?

I have tried another PSU (3amp) but the same result.

Perhaps you could confirm if an indicated short across the BNC, is
incorrect, and any suggestions of where to look first would be very helpful.

Thanks!!!!!

Regards
Nicolas
www.m1hog.com