-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Howard W. Ashcraft
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 3:19 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KAF2 v. KDSP2

I am planning on purchasing a K2 for general use (SSB and CW) with a current
preference for CW.  (I enjoy working on CW although I'm not very good.)  My
preferences may change as my experience grows, so flexibility is important.
The question is, why would you want to have the KAF2 instead of the KDSP2?
>From querying the archives, it seems that the KAF2 is primarily used for CW
and is effective for that use.  Is the KDSP2 less effective for reducing
unwanted noise on CW, or is it equally effective but more costly.  I assume
that Elecraft continues to sell the KAF2 because it either has a performance
advantage in some niche or is less costly and works for certain uses (such
as CW).

Thanks for the advice,

Howard Ashcraft
W1WF