Hi RIch:

At 08:05 PM 8/26/04, you wrote:
What is the chatter all about Hakko? I bought a Weller WSL station and am pretty happy with it. Is the Hakko that good?

The WSL looks really nice, and I'll bet it's every bit as good as the Hakko 936-series. The Hakko probably sells for a bit less...usually around $85 for their ESD-protected station, but the Hakko doesn't have digital temp readout either... the good thing is that 90% of us don't need that degree of accuracy either... thank goodness.

What most folks REALLY are liking is the Hakko 808 DEsoldering gun, which is really the berries... you can desolder an 18-pin IC and often have it literally FALL out onto the desktop once the last pin's been cleared of solder. It's also great for tinning toroidal inductor leads... a nice side benefit.

73,

Tom Hammond    N0SS