On my KBT1 I installed a set of RC connectors so I can swap tops. To be generous, the KBT1 speaker is a compromise. I always operate with headphones, so a speaker is otherwise superfluous for me.

What I'd like to see is a K1 top without a speaker that holds 10-12 AA NiMH cells and the circuitry for charging them with a connector on the back for the charging voltage input. A connector for an external speaker would be a simple add.

In other words, I rather have an optional plug in speaker when needed rather than having to open up the K1 to charge the batteries.

73, Steve WB6RSE