Hi Roy,

This is not true. The K2's internal ALC is ALWAYS active on PTT closure, regardless of where the K2 meter is set.

There is no issue with linearity or overdriving an external linear. If anything, we are conservative after power up or a band change and err initially on the low side at the beginning of your first transmission.

Just to make sure, I had Gary check this on his K2/100 a few minutes ago and everything is OK..

If you think you have a problem with your K2, please email Gary at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will help figure out what is happening.

73, Eric   WA6HHQ
Elecraft

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Anyone who uses a K2/100 with a linear needs to know that the K2 ALC does not kick in if PTT is used and the K2 display is in the RF mode. This can cause the input to the linear to be overdriven. This condition can also cause the K2 output not to be linear. It is necessary to put the K2 in ALC mode to activate the ALC in PTT. Once the ALC has been activated, it can be changed back to the RF mode. If the K2 display is in the RF mode when using PTT, it is necessary to access the ALC mode each time the sideband or band is changed. Roy Morris W4WFB