Hi Fred,

You don't need to do this. But if you want to do it for fun, you can connect a different load (say a 50-ohm resistor), tune up into that, then reconnect your original antenna and tune again. Each time you can check the L, C, and network settings in the ATU menu entry to make sure it comes back to about the same values.

The other way to make the ATU re-tune is to take a hike and throw up an ad-hoc antenna ;)

73,
Wayne
N6KR