On 11/1/04 7:24 AM, "Robert C. Abell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Phil,
>
> I for one hope that our Governments never abolish daylight saving time.
> What is so difficult with changing the clocks?
> All one has to remember is "Spring ahead, Fall back". UTC does not change.
>
> 73, Bob  VE3XM

And now for the opposing view...

I would like to see DT abolished. In my opinion, it no longer serves any
useful purpose, if it ever did.  Also, pity the poor clock/watch sellers who
typically have thousands of time pieces to adjust each time they have to
synchronize with the silliness.

I'm thankful that I only need to adjust a few clocks and my watch. The
clocks in most of the modern home electronic devices, such as VCRs, adjust
themselves, as do all of my computers.

By the way, the MFJ-121 "atomic" clock has dual 12/24-hour displays that are
large and easily readable, but both time displays have to be either 12- or
24-hour. I'd like to have UTC show 24-hour and local show 12-hour time.  And
worse still, the clock auto adjusts for DT, but affects both times, so I
still have to compensate the UTC display on the change-over dates.  Some of
my hand-written logs entries were off by an hour until I discovered the
problem.

73, Gus Hansen
KB0YH