To: "Tony Wells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

In a recent message, Tony Wells <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said....
I completely understand Eric, which is why I proposed Elecraft ask the question of publicity at the time of sale. if the answer is yes, then that customer is happy to be in the "hall of fame".

While it sounds a good idea at first thought, Tony, it would have very limited use or accuracy. K2/K1/KX1 rigs are sold secondhand and some guy on here claims to have built 70 K2s for other people. I personally feel that much of the kick of using a K2 is because one has built it and got it going oneself, but the fact it that a database at the point of sale would be highly inaccurate.

73 de David G4DMP
K2 #0158
K1 #1117
KX1 #0052