I am wondering if any other K2 user has experienced the following.

NO receive when NOT on transmit.

VERY occasionally I get the my K2 stuck on  what seems to be transmit.

If I press the MODE button to select the VOX function the display shows SPCH
0.2
then returns to the frequency display with the mode (U or L) flashing.
With no microphone connected and the POWER control fully ACW their is no
received audio out of the speaker. Therefore one would think that the K2 is
stuck on transmit.
However, I am able to select other VOX delays, RIT, XIT etc.
These functions are normally locked when on transmit with either VOX or PTT.
If I power my K2 OFF then ON sometimes I can get the same problem, but more
often than not the problem goes away. Because of the very intermittent nature
of
the fault it will be really difficult to track down. PTT operation always works
fine.

My gut feeling is that it is a firmware problem, with possibly something not
always getting intialised properly.

I would be interested to hear from others.

73
Stewart G3RXQ