I have had a problem similar to this. Occasionally when through
talking the K2 does not return in the full receive mode. The rig seems to
be muted. I found early on that by quickly tapping the PTT button that
the receiver returns to full volume. Could possibly be a sticking relay
in my amp. Sooner or later if the PTT tapping does not work I shall be
forced to look for the reason.

                Gil  K8EAG