Kevin,

The smaller the PLL range, the better the temperature stability. The 10uH
gives better temperature stability, so try for the 9.8 kHz minimum with 10
uH first. If you have a particularly good PLL crystal (there is some
variation in each manufactured batch) then you may need 12 uH to make it
"pull" over a 9.8 kHz range.

73 Paul ZL3IN