Guys, come on - the real answer? Because they are less than half the cost of an IC-7800 and outperform that radio also!

So if anyone who has two K2s is feeling guilty about it at this point, then follow these directions:
Find a nice box, well padded.
Place the extra K2 and its accessories in the box, packing it carefully.
Ship it to me!  Bet I won't feel guilty at all about having two...

Seriously, the reason I will eventually have two transceivers on my desk is for SO2R contesting. I am told that there is a lot to be said for having the audio of one radio working a band in your left ear, and the second receiver's audio in your right ear. It's supposed to greatly improve your contesting abilities, drive you nuts, or both!