My main interest was the SSB audio differences between lets say the first
SSB K2's , my self modified 3155, and 4000+ models.

  I have a 1.07 rev SSB chip. Some early #3000's may have earlier  chips. I
have not asked for any audio checks from any of the 100+ QSO's. Nobody  I
worked had a K2.
   I reasoned if I did not get any complaints using 4:1  compression with the
older 2.2 khz wide filter, I had good audio.

  I would  like to see how my audio sounds to a fellow K-2 and  also try a
50W amp for 20M only I built.

   I will be on 14.155-178 on Saturday after 2 PM EST.

I also wanted to see if the SSB filter mod is for me or not. I found on RX
it really works very well on 1.8Khz for RX this is good. I find not having PBT
not such a loss with good 1.8KHZ
filtering.