Thanks Lyle,

Its not RTC is just dashes and any AFIL setting is 'not installed' so I will check point 6.

I will let you know!

On Mar 4, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Lyle Johnson wrote:

Hello Neal,

> I cannot get the initializing led to flicker on my kdsp2.
> When I do the voltage checks, I really cannot make sense\
> of it, versus the schematic.
> Any clues?

Here are a couple of things to try:

1) Turn the K2 on.

2) Be sure the rtc menu item is on, per page 18 of the KDSP2 manual.

3) Turn the K2 off.

4) Turn the K2 on again, then press AFIL (hold the XFIL button rather than tap it). Depending on mode, you should see CF1, CF2, or SF1, SF2, etc. on the display.

5) If you get the expected CFsomething, SFsomething, or RFsomething (depending on mode) then U1 is operating properly and the DSPx may be at fault.

6) If you see "not inst" then it means the K2 and U1 are not communicating. This is not a DSPx problem. It is most likely an auxbus issue, and I'd carefully double check the 2N3906 location on the KDSP2.

Let me know...

73,

Lyle KK7P