I replied to George directly.

I have had trouble while mobile with a Radio Shack twist on BNC loosening on
my RG 58 coax antenna lead.   Amphenol is carried by Mouser with no minimum
order, and has both crimp on and solder and clamp type BNCs.
They also have a twist on Amphenol, but have not experience with it.

The easy one for me to assemble is the crimp on.  Tools are not all that
expensive and if you get one with removable dies, you can handle all crimp
on connectors and cables.  My tool came from Pasternack co.  It had box,
dies, tool and even included some crimp on Amphenol BNC plugs.  But check
around, crimper tools prices vary widely.  You may get one with fixed dies
to handle most of your future needs.

-Stuart
K5KVH