Jon, VE8JJ, wrote:

>I just want to confirm the assembly instructions:
>R18 and R19 are basically resistors with value of 0
>(zero) ohms. So you
>solder in a piece of wire for each of them. Then if
>and when you are ready
>to install KAF2, you desolder and remove the two
wires
>at R18 and .R19.

  Confession: I've built everything I've ever built,
including a K1, two KX1s, two Rock-Mites, an ATS-3 and
various test equipment, and now part of my K2...with
the same Radio Shack 30W pencil. I do, however, swap
out the tip once in a while! For solder, I use the RS
2% silver-bearing, thin solder...because it's so nice
and shiny!

  Using desoldering braid, also from RS, has never
been a problem. Placing the braid flat on a filled,
plated through-hole, I hold the iron vertically and
stick the tip into the spot where the hole is, under
the braid, and I watch for the flow of solder into the
braid. The result is a slick, clean hole. Never a
problem.

   mojo!

  LL/K3ESE