Hello Everyone,

Ed, WA3WSJ and I will be hiking up to Pulpit Rock no matter what the weather will be. I talked him into it the other day. :-)

We are going to have lunch at the Cabela's store and then hike up to the site. That will be a treat with us walking into the store in our hiking gear. Maybe I should walk in with my backpack and solar panel on. :-) Ed and I could be on the air sometime between 18:00 and 19:00 UTC.

I will be using my K1 on 15, 20, 30 and 40 meter CW with the VBWFPA antenna. This time I will have coax. :-) I will start out on 15 meters and listen for Europe. If I have no replies to my CQ's I will jump to 20 meters and then 40 meters. At 20:30 UTC I will be following the schedule that is posted on Ed's web page. http://www.wa3wsj.com/files/PolarBear2005.html

Hope to work a lot of QRP'ers from the AT. My QSO count is at 420 from the Appalachian Trail. Would be great to hit the 500 QSO mark tomorrow but I am not counting on it. So if I have already talked to you before from the AT and you hear me please stop by on the air and say hello. We will keep it brief so I can work as many stations as possible.

It has been 5 years now since I have been going to the AT with my radios. I have not missed one month since March 2000. Funny how time flies and the Great people you meet on the trail and on the air.

72 and Thanks,
Ron Polityka
WB3AAL
www.wb3aal.com