On Friday 01 April 2005 12:39, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

> Those two resistors are very easy to get to. Remove T2 first and you'll
> find one of them right next to the row of inductors near the BNC end on top
> of the board, and the other one on the bottom of the board near the edge
> between the BNC connectors. They are well away from any sensitive relays or
> other such parts.
>
> You'll find T2 with two stacked cores a tight fit, but it does fit FB and
> will run very cool under all normal conditions on any band. Follow the
> procedure in the errata in which you solder one end of the green primary
> winding in before installing the transformer and it'll go in easily.
>
> BE SURE to wind T2 with EIGHT turns. I understand that a few of the errata
> sheets may have escaped saying seven by mistake. That transformer gets
> EIGHT turns just as shown in the picture and the same as in the original T2
> you are removing.
>
> Now your T1 will be even more robust than ever.
>
> In spite of the embarrassment and cost to Wayne and Eric to deliver a
> change so quickly, it wasn't an option to ignore that weakness in the T1.
> It's now the Elecraft way. Indeed, they were scrambling over the holiday
> weekend to get the change out ASAP. You get a stronger, better tuner as a
> result.
>
> Ron AC7AC

Well, I just finished doing the changes and everything is OK. Didn't melt
anything, and everything fits, and the T1 still works!

I wasn't picking on Elecraft, just noting that I am not one that should be
given an extra opportunity to screw up!

My main complaint about the T1 is...why didn't they come out with it sooner?
It is the neatest, handiest little tuner I have ever seen!

--
John W2AGN
http://w2agn.net