In a message dated 09/04/05 09:10:45 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

But this  morning turning it
> on, I just got a vigorous howl ( very low freq nois  !). I turn it off, and
> on after a few second. The Rx start normaly and  the noise start again after
> a few second. Re-turn off and tunr on and  no howl and Rx is working
> correctly!

With the RX problem a good point to start with would be to check the PSU as
the symptoms can sometimes be caused by a very low supply voltage. A common
problem with battery powered equipment is to have LF instability when the
batteries were dying. The same can apply with a defective PSU.

To Martin, OK1RR, I can assure you that AOL are not a freemail  provider, far
from it as they charge more than many others for the  service.

Bob, G3VVT