Jim wrote:

snip

"Hello, Fellow Elecrafters:

I changed out the main tuning knob on my K1 with a Yaesu FT-100 knob, and I
thought I'd report on the project.

I looked around for a weighted replacement knob 1-1/4" to 1-3/8" diameter,
with the requisite finger dimple.  My search led to the Yaesu FT-100 main
tuning
knob.  When I called Vertex to order the knob, the clerk chuckled and right
away knew what it was for.  He said, "For your K2?  We've gotten about 1600
orders ... "  He then proceeded to point out the need for Elecraft to order
these
knobs in quantity to satisfy the demand.  I was afraid the knob would be a
bit too big for my K1 (if everybody else is ordering for a K2), but I
ordered
one anyway.

As it turns out, the FT-100 knob is ideal for the K1.  The thick rubber
ring
makes the overall knob diameter just a bit larger than the Elecraft knob,
but
not too large to obstruct the XIT button.  The weight and "knurled" ring
give
a nice feel.  BTW, the rubber ring will fit on the original Elecraft knob.
One problem I encountered is that the hole diameter is just a little under
1/4".
 You have to drill it out to fit the K1 potentiometer shaft.  It's brass
(or
a similar soft, brass-colored metal), and not a problem using a steel bit
in a
home drill press.

All in all, a nice upgrade for the K1.  73, Jim K5HO""

 snip

Does anyonw know if this knob is available in the UK, and if so where from?

Martin
M0KWV
K1 #1534

Why not take a look at our Web site?
http://www.simoncarves.com

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
If the reader of this email is not the intended addressee, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee,
me by telephone or email and delete all copies immediately.