On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:09:14 -0700
  Brett Howard <br...@livecomputers.com> wrote:
> Thats 25 pounds of pull to pull the metal bit out of the plastic bit...
> But it should require 3-5 pounds (depending on what connector detent
> style you have) of force before a mated connection separates.
>
> ~Brett (N7MG)
>
> On Sun, 2010-07-25 at 13:28 -0400, Don Wilhelm wrote:
>> Susan,
>>
>> That usually means the APP was not assembled properly.  Make certain the
>> blades are fully inserted into the housing.  The blades must latch over
>> the spring fingers that are in the housing and it takes a good push with
>> a thin screwdriver or other tool to seat properly.  When properly
>> assembled, it takes about a 25 pound pull to disengage them.
>> If you assembled your K3 from a kit, check the connector on the K3 as
>> well as the one on the cable - OR just check it anyway, there is always
>> a chance that a factory assembler did not push hard enough to lock the
>> blade.
>>
>> If you mean that the red and black housings come apart, put a drop of
>> superglue on the mating surfaces and they should be tight.  There is a
>> hole intended for a roll-pin, but often the roll pin comes out and gets
>> into places no metal should be, so if you do use a roll-pin, secure it
>> with a bit of superglue.
>>
>> 73,
>> Don W3FPR
>>
>> ussv dharma wrote:
>> > The power pole connector cable I recd with my k3 has no place for a pin.
>> >
>> > The darned thing keeps disconnecting.
>> >

>> > HELP
>> >

>> > Great Grandmaw Susan
>> >
>> > If you don't change direction you WILL arrive exactly where you're
>> > headed!! Susan Meckley,
>>Skipper W7KFI-mm  AFA9SM                         USSV DHARMA

Jim,

Something else that should be noted, and obviously not everyone is PERFECT is
that the size of the
Wire-connector lug has to generally fit the gauge of wire that your using! I
made that mistake for
whatever reason and we had to "RE=WORK" all of our power-pole connections
within our JEEP!
Everything is now great but it's another "lesson learned" because we were in a
hurry and trying to
do it on the "cheap!"

Jim/nn6ee